dimanche 27 avril 2008

Ready!

Hello everyone!

My name is Anthony Schmitt. I am a 3rd year student of Computer Science in Strasbourg (France) and the next year I would like to continue with a Master in Network. It’s my first year in Google Summer of Code, and I’m glad to participate. My mentor is Ulrich Norbisrath a lecturer and postdoc-researcher at the computer science department of the University of Tartu.

I will develop “The file transfer for MSN, Yahoo! Messenger and Jabber”. In my opinion, the file transfer will be a very useful feature, as all others projects ;-). When I chat with my friends, I often need to send files or pictures directly through the chat windows. Moreover, this project allows users to share files quickly and easily (thanks to the drag and drop), without caring about how it works.

The first step would be an analysis phase. Indeed, I will read one more time the SIP Communicator Developer Documentation, and I will seek the more documentation I can about file transfer for the various protocols supporting it. Then I will begin to develop the file transfer for SIP Communicator (the first week of June, after the end of my exams).

To finish, I would like to wish good luck to all students!

Aucun commentaire: